Boranija (Bean Stew with Meat): One of the Best Recipes 2016
An amazing dish of the Balkan cuisine and the fifth most popular online recipe 2016.
- 100–150 g bacon or 400 g pork
- a can of pickled tomatoes
- 500 g young green beans
- a sprig of savoury, a sprig of parsley
- salt, pepper
- a tablespoon of flour, if necessary
- Cut pork into small cubes (1–1.5 cm) and put into a pan.
- Peel and cut green beans into small pieces (2–3 cm) and add to the pan.
- Put the pan on medium heat, boil, and add 2–3 chopped tomatoes and some water. Season with salt, savoury and simmer until done. After the dish boils, cover the pan with a lid and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes until beans are softened.
- To make the dish thicker, add a tablespoon of flour, much pepper, then stew for another 1–2 minutes, and afterwards sprinkle richly with parsley.
- It is recommended to serve the dish with potatoes (fried or boiled) or rice.