Chicken Breast with Lemon Sauce and Green Asparagus
- 3 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sunflower oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 12 capers in brine
- 1 ds dry white wine
- 1 small lemon
- about 200 ml chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 500 g green asparagus
- dried rosemary leaves
- 6 medium potatoes
- fresh parsley leaves
- Squeeze lemon juice. Wash and boil unpeeled potatoes. Peel potatoes directly before serving the dish. Peel and chop garlic. Cut chicken breasts in half and in length to obtain two fillets from each piece. Season them with salt and pepper and slightly roll in flour from one side only.
- Heat some sunflower oil in a frying pan, and quickly fry meat on both sides until golden brown. Take meat out of the pan, slightly reduce the temperature and heat garlic, capers and squeezed lemon so that the garlic could share its flavour without getting brown), and pour white wine. Return meat to the pan. Pour as much water or chicken broth to half cover the meat. Add a pinch of rosemary, cover the pan, and simmer at low temperature for half an hour or until the meat is ready. From time to time, turn over the scraps of meat and sauce them. When meat is ready, get it out of the pan, and thicken slightly the sauce by adding thereto a couple of cold butter pieces (no more than one tablespoon), and stir to melt butter with a big cooking spoon. When sauce becomes creamy, add meat scraps thereto. Taste and if necessary salt the dish.
- While the meat is being cooked, prepare the asparagus. Rinse asparagus under running cold water, pat dry, if necessary cut off the lower harder parts, and clean. Divide asparagus into two to three bundles and tie with a string for baking. Boil 1.5 litters of lightly salted water in a deep saucepan. Put asparagus into boiling water and cook until the asparagus bundles become crispy. Get the cooked asparagus out of the water and cut the string.
- Put several pieces of asparagus, chicken fillet, one potato on each plate and pour with sauce.