Chicken in Coconut Milk with Batata
- 500 gr chicken leg quarters
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 piece of ginger (the size of a thumb)
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 batatas
- 250 mL coconut milk
- 10 coriander leaves
- To cook this dish, salt the chicken leg quarters.
- Cut lemongrass and chili pepper into two parts in length.
- Peel garlic, ginger and shallots and cut them into thin slices. Cut washed batatas into cubes.
- Heat four tablespoons of butter in a frying pan and fry chicken in it. Then remove the chicken from the pan.
- Fry the remaining ingredients in the mixture, in which the chicken was roasted, and pour them with coconut milk. Add the chicken leg quarters, cover with lid and simmer for 1 hour.
Salt and pepper the dish before serving. The chicken in coconut milk is served with batata and sprinkled with fresh coriander.
If you do not like the taste of coriander, you can sprinkle chicken with parsley.