Cuisine of Slovenia’s Regions: Virgolc – Minced Meet with Rice and Yoghurt Sauce
Cooking time – 45 minutes.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 120–150 g rice,
- 1–2 tsp turmeric,
- 150–200 g minced meat,
- leek (green part),
- 1 banana,
- 1 tsp black bean sauce (to taste),
- 1 tsp Worchester sauce (to taste),
- 1 tsp Hoisin sauce (to taste),
- if desired, a bit of sliced ginger, Teriyaki sauce, and whole grain mustard,
- salt, pepper,
- fat (coconut oil, peanut oil, olive oil…),
- small plate of yoghurt (sour cream),
- 1 tsp honey (maple syrup or agave syrup),
- 1–2 tbsp finely chopped peppermint, lemon balm and orange mint.
Put the rice (1:3 ratio) on the fire, add turmeric and cook. Drain off the boiled rice, and leave the water for pouring the meat. If the dish must be served warm, it is necessary to cook it quickly.
In a small skillet, fry about 1/4 of the minced meat in the fat until brown. Leave warm.
Add peanut butter to a heated deep frying pan, add a little coconut oil and finely chopped shallots. Fry it until transparent, add the chopped leek and stew. When the liquid is almost boiling, add the rest of the minced meat. Stew the meat to gray colour. Add roasted minced meat, black bean sauce, Worcester sauce and Hoisin sauce, if desired, other seasonings. Stir and stew a little more.
In parallel (it is possible in advance as well), cook the yoghurt sauce by mixing the necessary ingredients.
Take a large flat dish and form a layer of rice and a layer of minced meat using a donut mould. Remove the form and add the yogurt sauce.