Deadlines for Applying to Master’s Programs of the University of Maribor
In the 2017/2018 academic year, applicants may apply to study on Master’s and PhD programs of the University of Maribor. Detailed information on all Master’s programs is available at um.si. Information about PhD programs can be found here um.si.
Applicants who are not citizens of Slovenia and foreign citizens of countries outside the EU can apply in the following periods:
- First round: 13 March to 31 May 2017.
- Second round: subject to availability of vacant places at the study programs of the University of Maribor faculties, applicants can apply from 5 July to 15 September 2017.
Citizens of the Republic of Slovenia and citizens of EU member states can apply in the following periods:
- First round: 13 March – 18 August 2017.
- Second round: subject to availability of vacant places at the study programs of the University of Maribor faculties, applicants can apply from 13 September to 15 September 2017.
Candidates can submit electronic application for admission to the Master’s study programs of the University of Maribor through a special website “Electronic High School” — eVŠ: portal.evs.gov.si. The Ministry of Education, Science and Sport will publish a similar announcement on the enrolment to Master’s programs online: portal.evs.gov.si. The portal will publish recommendations on how to fill out the application in English and Slovenian.
In order to receive information on how to fill out the electronic application, apply to the Support Service at the Unified Multi-purpose National Contact Centre (EKC); e-mail: email@example.com; phone: 080 2002 (from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on weekdays); phone for calls from abroad: 00 386 1 478 85 90. The Unified Multi-purpose National Contact Centre provides support to applicants in the case of technical problems when entering the electronic application form with the help of a qualified digital signature and provides other assistance in solving issues related to filling out the electronic application form.
To ask questions regarding the entrance campaign and selection of future Master’s program, students may apply to the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport. Applicants can send their questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. On all other matters related to the enrolment terms and criteria, the nostrification (recognition of foreign diplomas, training programs, etc.), applicants may contact the Rector of the University of Maribor at email@example.com or the faculties’ student departments (contact information is provided on the websites of faculties).
Terms of Enrolment During the First Round
Each applicant entering the University of Maribor may submit up to 3 applications. An application is considered to be an electronic form that is filled out on the eVŠ website, regardless of the track within the framework of the curriculum, mode of study, etc. If you attempt to apply for the fourth time and for each subsequent registration, the system will notify the applicant on the impossibility of this action. The order of entered applications does not matter. If desired, entrants can edit the text of the application or remove it before the official deadline. At each modification, applicants will be notified at the e-mail address provided in their applications.
Candidates can apply in two ways: by using qualified digital signatures or signing in online using their login and password.
The application will be considered if:
- It was filled out and filed with the help of qualified digital signature on the “Electronic High School” website — eVŠ: until 31 May 2017.
- It was filled out and submitted to the eVŠ until 31 May 2017 with a text similar to that of the last online application submitted to the “Electronic High School” — eVŠ, signed by the applicant and delivered personally or sent by registered mail to the address of the selected faculty of the University of Maribor until 5 June 2017.
Detailed information is available at um.si.