Internships in the Departments of the European Central Bank
Internships in the I and II departments of general banking control
The European Central Bank (ECB) invites candidates for the internship program in the field of banking supervision.
The I and II departments of general banking supervision shall be responsible within the Common Supervisory Mechanism for the direct and daily monitoring of the largest banks.
The selected candidates will participate in the projects and initiatives of departments and together with the staff will be responsible for the work of the entire ECB, based on a unified control mechanism.
Their tasks will include:
- analysis of financial statements and monitoring the perception of markets by the controllable units;
- analysis of the regulatory framework for financial institutions in various jurisdictions;
- assistance in data collection and compilation of tables and diagrams for reports;
- independent work under the guidance of a mentor on projects associated with the practice and control standards.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- a master’s degree in finance, economics, statistics, business administration, finance/banking law, accounting or other relevant discipline;
- interest in risk analysis related to the banks and the implementation of financial regulation;
- great interest to work on projects related to the practices and standards;
- basic knowledge of bank analysis, bank regulation, corporate finance, risk management and accounting;
- an advanced level of English with good drafting skills;
- good knowledge of at least one more official EU language;
- MS Office advanced knowledge, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Selected candidates should have the following professional skills:
- identifying and analysing complex data from various sources;
- effective written and oral discussion of ideas in the atmosphere of mutual understanding;
- careful handling of confidential information with respect for human rights and trade secrets of clients;
- dissemination of information and support for teammates to achieve total success;
- time management and organization of work with the assistance of colleagues help when needed;
- operational and productive work.
Application deadline: 17 August 2016
Duration of the internship: from 6 to 12 months.
Application shall be submitted online in English. The procedure for application acceptance is available at the links below. A preliminary mini-training and express interview by phone are provided.
Rules of application preparation and procedure for submission of documents: ecb.europa.eu
Detailed information: ecb.europa.eu
All candidates will be notified on the results of the selection stage in a timely manner.