Festive White Yeast-Fermented Bread – Janška Vezivka
- 1 kg flour
- 2.5 dL milk
- 150 g butter
- 6 eggs
- sugar (to taste)
- 50 g yeast
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- a few drops of rum
- a pinch of salt
- Put yeast into a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and add one tbsp. flour.
- Top up with a few tbsps. thickened milk, stir, cover with a lid and leave for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter and leave to cool down. Heat the milk.
- Sift the flour into a deep bowl. Add the thickened milk, 120 grams butter, 5 eggs, sugar (to taste), sourdough starter, vanilla sugar, a few drops of rum and a pinch of salt.
- Beat all ingredients until smooth. The mixture should not stick to the walls of the cookware. Form the dough, put it into a bowl, cover with a cloth, and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Take the risen dough and roll it out to shape figures in the form of braids, birds, flowers, ribbons, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Beat the remaining egg in milk. Smear the risen dough with the egg mixture and then stick figures to it, having previously smeared them with the egg mixture as well.
- Put the bread into the preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- Take the baked bread out of the oven and smear with the remaining melted butter. Leave it to cool down.