Foreign Scientists Visit the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the University of Maribor
The Slovenian civil engineering cluster within the framework of the GREB (Modernization of the Curricula in Sphere of Smart Building Engineering – Green Building) project hosted representatives of foreign universities. The aim of the event was to improve the curricula of BA and MA programmes in the field of high-tech construction in Russia, Mongolia and Uzbekistan.
Employees of partner universities got acquainted with theoretical and practical knowledge in “green” high-tech construction in EU universities. The visit of the foreign guests at the Maribor University Faculty of Civil Engineering became a good opportunity to enhance communication and beginning of inter-university cooperation. On 10 May, the organisers presented training programmes, successful cases, projects in the field of sustainable construction and works in the field of sustainable mobility. The guests also familiarized with academic curricula. Within the framework of the project, it is planned to open a network of advanced engineers training centres for mastering the most modern knowledge and skills in the field of smart construction. The interactive part of the meeting was finished with a tour around the Faculty’s new premises at Krekova Street, 2.
Members of the Delegation:
- Julia Lezhnina – Associate Professor, Department for Research and Development of Hardware and Software, Astrakhan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (AGASU), Russian Federation.
- Olga Bakhareva – Associate Professor, Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (KGASU), Kazan, Tatarstan, Russian Federation.
- Petr Senin – Vice-Rector, National Research Ogarev Mordovia State University, (Ogarev MGU), Saransk, Republic of Mordovia, Russian Federation.
- Karimzhon Mullaboyev – Head of Department, Tashkent University of Information Technologies (TUIT), Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Muratbai Sharibayev – Head of Department, Karakalpak State University named after Berdakh (KKGU), Karakalpakstan, Uzbekistan.