Higher education in Slovenia is carried out according to the standards of the European, Bologna system. You receive a residence permit for the purpose of studies and, at the end of your studies, an internationally valid diploma. You will begin to use on daily bases at least two foreign languages and have a great time in one of the most beautiful and safe countries in Europe.
To read the descriptions of Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in English, click here.
The deadline for submitting documents to Bachelor’s programmes in 2021/2022 academic year are available here.
Thus, in order to enter a university in Slovenia, you have to provide documents, your education certificates have to gain the academic aproval and, of course, pass all admission rounds successfully.
Level 1: Bachelor’s degree—3–4 years (dodiplomski študij);
Level 2: Master’s degree —1–2 years (podiplomski študij);
Level 3: Doctor’s degree—3 years (doktorat).
– University of Ljubljana (Univerza v Ljubljani). It enters the world’s Top-500 best universities according to the academic ranking. It is the largest university in Slovenia. It comprises 23 faculties and 3 academies of arts.
– University of Maribor (Univerza v Mariboru). It is the second largest university in Slovenia. First, the School of Economics and Commerce was established in 1959. The university received its status in 1975. At the moment, the university includes 17 faculties.
– University of Nova Gorica (Univerza v Novi Gorici). The University was founded on the basis of the School of Environmental Sciences in 1995. In 2006, it was renamed into the University of Nova Gorica. It consists of four faculties, the School of Viticulture and Ecology, the School of Arts, the Graduate School, and several research institutes and laboratories well-known throughout Slovenia.
– New University (Nova univerza). It was established in 2008 and includes three faculties.
– University of Novo mesto (Univerza v Novem mestu). It was established in 2017 and includes four faculties.
– University of Primorska (Univerza na Primorskem). It entered the register in 2003. The university includes 9 faculties and is located in Koper.
In Slovenia, there are 48 private specialized faculties including art academies. Basically, these are highly specialized faculties that pay special attention to the practical side of education. All private faculties in Slovenia have state accreditation. Professors invited from around the world and professionals employed according to their degree fields in successful European companies conduct lectures and seminars of all current programmes. Besides, study tours to various companies throughout Europe are organized.
The Slovenes are not in a hurry to part with their student status, which is not surprising. This is an unforgettable time. You can learn and work successfully (or receive a decent scholarship). The system of transport discounts allows budget travels across Europe. Moreover, Slovenia is located in the heart of Europe, and thus you can easily go on holiday to Italy, Austria, Germany, or Croatia.
Education in Slovenia is 10-in-1: a European diploma, high quality education, a residence permit in a Schengen country, work in Europe, additional languages, internships, grants, scholarships, international contacts, and an opportunity to see the world.
Come here and check it out for yourselves!
Additional Services (NOT covered by the fee!):
Our specialists will get back to you within 24 hours