Kohlrabi, Beans and Potatoes in Gebarska Style
- 1 kohlrabi (1 big or 2 small heads)
- 3/4 kg potatoes
- 30 dkg beans
- 30 dkg smoked meat
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Soak beans overnight.
- Wash and clean kohlrabi, cut off the tops and cut the head into small pieces.
- Cut potatoes into cubes, add soaked beans and smoked meat. Cook until soft.
- In a deep frying pan, heat up the olive oil; add a tablespoon of flour, tomato paste and red pepper.
- Cut the meat into pieces and add it to the stew. Cook a little. If the stew is too thin, add a spoon of breadcrumbs.
*Gebarska is the area near the Kolpa River, not far from the village of Osilnica (Slovenia).