Ljubljana University Rector’s Award Competition Is Announced for the Best Innovation of 2019: Terms and Conditions for Participation
A competition is announced for the award of the Rector of the University of Ljubljana. This is a traditional event held for students, faculty members and university staff whose goal is to promote innovation to the market.
The prize fund of the competition is 6,000 EUR (1st prize – 3,000 EUR, 2nd prize – 2,000 EUR, 3rd prize – 1,000 EUR). Target audience: employees, teachers, students and graduates of the University of Ljubljana of 2016, 2017 and 2018. The participating teams may include students and staff from other universities and institutions, but the team leader must represent the University of Ljubljana.
The Rector of the University of Ljubljana, Dr. Igor Papič, will award the three finalists of the competition in April 2019.
The application deadline expires on 3 March 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Online registration is available.
From 11 to 29 March 2019, preparatory seminars will take place: Design Your Business Idea, Short Presentation, Protection of Intellectual Property, and Training on the Presentation of a Business Idea.
From 3 to 5 April 2019, eight finalists will be selected – a presentation of the finalists’ projects in front of a competitive commission in a limited composition.
On 10 April 2019, the eight finalists will present their projects in front of an expanded commission and the winners will be determined (the commission will include representatives of the economy sector, investors, start-up entrepreneurs, representatives of research institutions).
On 17 April 2019, the presentations of all eight finalists, the announcement of the winners and the awarding by the Rector of the University of Ljubljana for the best innovation will take place.
Original ideas are submitted for the competition, regarding which no commercial invoice for a product, services, intellectual property has been ever issued, or no decision has been ever made to receive non-refundable funds within the multi-zone application of the idea (the compliance with the stated industry branch is determined by the commission formed by the Rector).
As of 3 March 2019, persons applied for the participation in the competition should not be among the entrepreneurs involved in the work of business support entities (business incubators and technology parks).
- the clarity of the idea description,
- the innovativeness of the project,
- the technological prospects of the product/service being the subject of the project,
- the level of risk, taking into account the estimated market yield,
- the market potential,
- the competitiveness and competitive advantages,
- the quality of the project economics,
- the quality of the planned project implementation,
- the competence of the team for the project execution,
- the degree of relatedness to the University of Ljubljana,
- the degree of innovation development,
- the impact on life quality improvement,
- the social responsibility of the project,
- the project’s lack of contradiction with moral and ethical standards,
- the quality of a five-minute idea presentation.
Additional information:, 01 620 34 82.