Pasta with Dandelions Pesto Sauce
Dandelion pesto can be prepared in stock and thus be available in the months when the blooming of dandelions is finished. Pasta with pesto may be rapidly prepared and served hot.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 400 g pasta (noodles)
Ingredients for pesto: (alternative recipe)
- 40 g pine nuts
- 170 g fresh dandelion leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 80 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Put a frying pan on the burner and toast pine nuts without oil. When toasting, shake the pan for several times to brown the nuts evenly. Then put pine nuts on a saucer and leave them to cool down.
- Clean thoroughly dandelion leaves and wash under running water. Then dry well and chop coarsely.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut into quarters.
- Put about 85 g dandelion leaves into a blender and pour olive oil. Blend for 2 minutes. Then add the remains of dandelions, olive oil, roasted pine nuts, grated Parmesan cheese and garlic. Blend until smooth creamy mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to the dandelion pesto to taste.
- Put a saucepan with salted water on the burner. Wait until the water comes to a boil, then put pasta into boiling water, and cook until done.
- Drain cooked pasta through a colander and put back into the saucepan. Pour the cooked pesto over the pasta and mix thoroughly.
Spread out the ready pasta on plates and serve.
If dandelion pesto is too thick, add a little olive oil.
When cooking, follow the rule: 1 litre water per 100 g pasta and 10–12 g salt.