Recipe for 4 persons
- 600 g cauliflower
- 40 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 g ground almonds
- 1 big or 2 small eggs
- 400 g tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 150 g mozzarella cheese in brine, dried and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons of spices (basil, oregano, rosemary, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Line a low baking tray with paper for baking.
- Put cauliflower into a food processor (blender) and finely mill (slices should resemble coconut flakes). Put the milled cauliflower into a bowl.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, almonds, beaten egg, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Put the milled cauliflower onto the baking paper and shape it as a round thin base for pizza (30 cm in diameter, 0.5 cm thick).
- Bake it for 25 minutes in a preheated oven until the base acquires golden brown colour and becomes solid by touch.
- While the base is baked, prepare the tomato sauce. Pour tomato paste into a saucepan; add spices, salt and some olive oil. Cook the sauce for 10 minutes at medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Put the tomato sauce on the baked base and cover with mozzarella slices.
- Season the pizza and bake it in a preheated oven for 10 minutes until the cheese melts and the cauliflower base becomes crispy.
Lay out carefully the baked pizza on a wide dish. Cut into pieces and serve.