Plants Fair in the Botanical Garden of Maribor University
On 6–7 May, the Botanical Garden of the University of Maribor will host the May Plants Fair (Majski sejem rastlin—in Slovenian) with lectures and workshops for children. Admission fee: 2 euros.
Saturday, 6 May 2017
From 9:00 a. m. to 5:00 p. m.: sale of ornamental and vegetable plants, presentation of local horticultural businesses and other activities.
- At 9:30 a. m., “Plants in Nature (Dandelion)”, Borut Cerkvenič (DZM)
- At 10:30 a. m., “EM-technology”, Matjaž Vidali (Micronatura)
- At 11:30 a. m., “Homeopathic Medicines in Plant Growing: an Excellent Remedy for Pests”, Majda Ortan (Agrohomeopatija — Cora agrohomeopathie)
Children’s activities from 11:00 a. m.: creative workshops for children organized by the Society of Young Inventors of Slovenia (Društvo mladih kreativcev Slovenije).
Sunday, 7 May 2017
- At 9:30 a. m., “Care for Rhododendrons and Sale of Seedlings”, Boštjan Kren (Kren nursery garden)
- At 10:30 a. m., “Fertile Soil”, Dr. Ana Vovk Korže
- At 11:30 a. m., “Carbon Black (Soot) Production with a Pyrolysis Reactor”, Jernej Lubej
- At 3:30 p. m., “Gardening in France”, Klementina Tement (Tement garden farming)
Children’s activities from 11:00 a. m.: creative workshops for children organized by the Society of Botanic Garden Friends of the University of Maribor (Društvo prijateljev Botaničnega vrta).
On Saturday and Sunday (6 and 7 May), everyone can visit the Botanical Garden of the University of Maribor, the May Plants Fair, the Pohorje Rocks and Minerals permanent exhibition (author — Franc Pajtler), the Exhibition of Animals (organised by Hoče Jaeger Farm) as well as see the 8th archaeological excavations of tumuli necropolis in Maribor and the suburbs.
Address: Botanični vrt Pivola 90a, 2311 Hoče
Phone: 02 613 08 58 Cell phone: 051 696 272