Polenta with Prosciutto on a Cheese Bed
Ingredients for 6 portions
100 g grated hard cheese
3 tablespoons melted butter
150 g thin slices of prosciutto (bacon)
125 g corn flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
0.5 teaspoon coarse salt
- Cook polenta according to the recipe.
- Lay out polenta evenly on a baking sheet. Leave it to cool down, and then cut into large pieces.
- Wrap each piece with a slice of prosciutto (bacon).
- Heat up and melt butter in a shallow pan.
- Add half of the grated cheese. Leave it at medium heat to melt the cheese completely.
- Fill plates with the cheese curd and put the polenta cubes wrapped with prosciutto on the top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese and serve.
If you use fast food polenta instead of corn flour, the time for cooking is reduced greatly.