Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
Pork chops with cherry sauce is a delicious meat delicacy for gourmets.
Ingredients for 4 portions
Pork chops: Recipe
4 big pork chops
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 crushed clove of garlic
2.5 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup pitted cherries
0.5 glass red fruit wine
salt and freshly ground pepper
The cooking time does not include meat marinating!
- Wash the pork chops under running water and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Mix rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic in a small bowl. Roll chops in the prepared mixture, put into a bowl, cover and marinate in a refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes before baking and leave on the table at room temperature.
- Heat oil in a pan. Remove pieces of garlic from the marinated chops (during cooking, they can burn slightly), then put the chops into the pan with hot oil. Fry them on both sides for 3–4 minutes. Put the fried chops on a warm plate, loosely wrap in aluminium foil and let it rest until the sauce is ready.
- Put 1 tbsp. butter into a saucepan to boil the chopped shallots. Add garlic, wine and meat juice (from the pan and the plate, on which the chops are resting). Cook it for 5–6 minutes by stirring occasionally until half the wine is evaporated, and the sauce thickens. Gradually stir the remaining butter into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the fried chops on plates. Pour them with the sauce or serve the source separately.