Potato Dumplings in Kostel-on-the-Kolpa Style
Potato dumplings with spicy potatoes, eggs and cracklings, dressed with butter, cream or croutons.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons small cracklings
- 50 g butter
- black pepper
- a sprig of parsley
- 1 garlic clove
Before You Begin
Put on a fire a pot of water for potato dumplings, salt water. Peel and chop finely the garlic. Rinse, dry and chop finely the parsley.
- Peel, rinse and grate finely potatoes. Then pour potatoes with water and carefully squeeze the juice through gauze.
- In a bowl, mix the squeezed grated potatoes with eggs, cracklings, a pinch of freshly ground pepper and finely chopped parsley and garlic. Mix everything thoroughly, and then add a little flour, so that the mass does not stick to your hands.
- Use the resulting mixture to form medium-sized balls, put them into the salted boiling water and cook for about 30 minutes. Melt the butter.
- Take the cooked dumplings out of boiling water and quickly splash with cold water. Pour with melted butter.