Potato Flapjacks with Onions
An easy-to-prepare dish that can be cooked from the remaining mashed potatoes. Potato flapjacks with onions are perfect for an afternoon snack, lunch or dinner, and will be a perfect complement to the meat and fish dishes.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 6 young green onion bulbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 bowls of mashed potatoes
- 1 handful of fresh breadcrumbs
- 0.25-teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Peel and wash onion bulbs. Cut them so that the length of the left green leaves is 2 cm. Cook leaves in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then drain them carefully and chop finely.
- Put mashed potatoes, eggs, fresh breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chopped onion into a bowl. Mix everything thoroughly with a kitchen or a regular tablespoon.
- Heat sunflower oil in a deep frying pan. Shape small flapjacks from the potato mass and put them into the hot oil. Fry them on both sides until golden brown, turning with a spatula. Remove the fried potato flapjacks from the pan and place on a warm plate. Repeat this procedure until all ingredients are used.
Serve potato flapjacks with sour cream as a separate dish or as a side to meat or fish dishes.