Potato Gnocchi with Mozzarella
1 kg potatoes,
3 egg yolks,
500 g wheat flour,
300 g mozzarella cheese,
- Wash well potatoes, boil and peel them.
- Mash potatoes and leave to cool down.
- Add the beaten egg yolk, olive oil and sifted flour. Mix well to obtain a thin dough.
- Slowly soften mozzarella in a container at a low temperature, mix and put into small moulds (2 x 2 cm). Then cool mozzarella to -18 °C.
- Roll the potato dough with a rolling pin and make two identical circles using moulds. Put a piece of frozen mozzarella on one circle and cover it with a second circle of dough. After that, manually shape gnocchi.
Repeat this for as long as the dough and mozzarella are finished. Cook gnocchi in boiling water for about 5 minutes. At the end, use skimmer to remove gnocchi from boiling water, allow them to cool slightly and serve.