About the programme
The basic objectives of the programme:
The basic goal of the study programme Engineering and vehicles is to educate graduates for direct employment after the completion of their studies and competently carry out tasks in all structures of the economy in the field of production, technology, development, overall quality, maintenance and marketing. The graduate will adopt theoretical knowledge and skills for professional practical work in the technical engineering field, as well as technical, technological, information, organisational, economic knowledge and knowledge of methods for research and development work.
Key advantages of studying this particular Engineering and vehicles
- – The study programme is accredited in accordance with the Bologna Declaration and is internationally comparable with study programmes of high-quality Faculties in the European Union countries.
- – The study programme includes innovative educational methods with appropriate proportion of theoretical and practical knowledge, there are great laboratory facilities available.
- – The study programmes ensures graduates high possibilities of employment and further development and advancement.
- – Higher-education professors are acknowledged experts with practical and pedagogic experiences.
First year subjects: Mathematics with Applications, Technical Mechanics, Chemistry, Information Communication Technologies, Physics for Engineers, Professional Foreign Language I (English), Electrical Engineering and Electronics, Mathematics with Applications II, Materials, Technical Documentation and Machine Elements, Methodology of Project Work.
Second year subjects: Technology, Mechatronics I, Technological processes in the automotive industry, Business communication and relations, Economics of organisation, Automobilism, Safety at work, Movement of mechanical systems, Optional course I, Optional course II (possibility of external selection).
Optional courses: Logistics, Design of energy systems for ecological residential and business premises, Virtual technologies, Commercial law and property, Marketing, Professional foreign language II (English).
Third year – one of three modules should be chosen:
- – Development of processes in the automotive industry,
- – Technology and manufacturing in the automotive industry, and
- – Maintenance of production facilities and systems.
Students will acquire the following general competences in the higher professional study programme Engineering and vehicles – some of them: the ability to analyse and synthesise solutions of problems in the technical field, the ability to master and process modern methods, the ability to apply theoretical knowledge in practice, knowledge of social systems in the business world, development of communication skills in the domestic and international business world, professional ethics, knowledge of professional terms - terminology, knowledge and use of information and communication technology with a set of software tools and computer systems and e-commerce, knowledge and consideration of safety of health at work and protection of the environment.
Subject-specific competences – some of them: knowledge and use of methods of comprehensive quality of products and services, legislation in the field of technology and business, competence in the management of works, ability to communicate with suppliers, customers, competition, developing and introducing new technical processes and processes, the ability to diagnose and repair production facilities and other.