About the programme
Extraction of mineral resources requires special knowledge in the fields of underground structures, transport systems, ventilation, operation of power systems, drainage and storage. Due to the nature of the work, safety and occupational safety are very important. The engineer monitors and monitors the safety and technological conditions at workplaces.
Knowledge and qualifications:
– solving practical problems in the field of geotechnology and mining, based on the acquired knowledge of extraction of mineral resources, the implementation of geotechnical and mining works, the production of underground spaces and shafts,
– planning geotechnical and mining processes and solving problems in accordance with safety, ecological and environmental requirements,
– compliance with basic legislation, standardisation, technical regulations, certification and quality assurance systems in the field of geotechnology and mining,
– the use of measuring instruments necessary for performing works in the field of mineral resource extraction,
– evaluation of solutions, technologies, products and equipment in the field of geotechnology and mining.