Duration: 2 years (4 semesters) by full-time, 2.5 years (5 semesters) by part-time
Language of study: Slovene
ECTS: 120 credits ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) - is an European system for translation and accumulation of points/results. This system was created for recording the academic work of students during an educational programme or course. One academic year corresponds to 60 ECTS points, which is about 1500-1800 study hours.
About the programme
Information society cannot exist without information systems and information paths. Computers make life easier and allow people to handle complex systems. We use them in nearly all everyday activities (at work, at school, at home ...). IT engineer solves various problems using information technology. This profession is dynamic, interesting and creative. If you are interested in information technology and want to get to know and introduce innovations in the field of computer science and informatics in practical use, IT studies are best for you.
Knowledge and qualifications:
– installation, maintenance and servicing of information and communication equipment,
– planning and construction of networks,
– installing and administering servers,
– planning, creating and administering databases,
– planning, developing and deploying comprehensive software solutions,
– creating passive and active websites,
– introduction and implementation of information communication technology innovations to business systems,
– documentation of information and communication technology,
– education of ICT users,
– consulting and technical support to users in the use of information and communication technology (ICT).
Admission requirements for the first year:
– passed final examinations or vocational final examinations, or completed relevant education according to the previous regulations, or
– passed master's or managerial examination, three years of professional experience and a passed test of knowledge from general education subjects to the extent determined for vocational final examinations in secondary vocational education.
IT engineers are constantly in demand. Informatics Engineer can get employed as:
– informatics professional (system administrator),
– informatics professional (IT-users support specialist),
– information systems manager,
– databases administrator,
– ICT technician,
– computer networks operator,
– software tester,
– programmer – business programmes developer,
– programmer – web applications developer,
– programmer – mobile applications developer (Android, iOS),