About the programme
This programme has been developed since 2001, by a Slovenian and an Irish Universities – therefore, a double degree is obtained!
The lecturers are not only Slovene and Irish – the teaching staff come from other EU countries also, the experts of each field.
This branch of experts is expected to be in high demand in a few years due to the specific requirements and new legislation in the entire construction business.
The courses are organised in modules; the lectures are later available for the students on line.
After successfully completing this programme, students will be able to:
• Apply concepts and the theoretical basis from computer science, mathematics, and engineering sciences to problems in civil engineering and related disciplines.
• Identify, formulate, model, and design civil engineering systems, components and processes with information technology.
• Design, analyse, and re-engineer civil engineering systems, components, and processes with an emphasis on buildings and mechanical systems to industry standards.
• Evaluate critically the engineering, economic, environmental, societal, and legal impacts of complex engineering systems by applying information modelling, management, and retrieval in a holistic way.
• Plan, conduct, manage and document experiments and R&D-projects including data management and analysis, knowledge management, and aspects of interdisciplinary information exchange.
• Set-up, manage, and lead engineering teams through the informed application and integration of information and communication technologies and the application of business process modelling tools and methodologies.
• Communicate effectively with the engineering community and the engineering society through the appropriate application of IT-supported communication and presentation tools and the collective development of scientific publications.