Duration: 2 years (4 semesters) by full-time, 2.5 years (5 semesters) by part-time
Language of study: Slovene
ECTS: 120 credits ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) - is an European system for translation and accumulation of points/results. This system was created for recording the academic work of students during an educational programme or course. One academic year corresponds to 60 ECTS points, which is about 1500-1800 study hours.
About the programme
Although we are not aware of this, mechatronic systems are present at almost every step. Mechatronic systems combine knowledge in the fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and informatics. Mechatronics is a profession of the future. In the field of automation, there are many challenges and tasks, especially in the enterprises that are engaged in production.
Knowledge and qualifications:
– solving professional problems in the field of mechatronic systems in work environments,
– design and implementation of simpler mechatronic devices,
– knowledge of basic legislation, standardization, technical regulations, certification and quality assurance systems in the field of mechatronics and other fields related to activity,
– monitoring the innovations and introducing them into practice,
– making business decisions and adapting to market requirements.
Admission requirements for the first year:
– passed final examinations or vocational final examinations, or completed relevant education according to the previous regulations, or
– passed master's or managerial examination, three years of professional experience and a passed test of knowledge from general education subjects to the extent determined for vocational final examinations in secondary vocational education.
Engineer of mechatronics is the profession of the future (and – already the present).
Mechatronics Engineer can find employment as:
– head of organizational units,
– head of maintenance,
– project leader,
– operator of electrical and process measurements,
– developer of mechatronic devices,
– sales engineer,
– purchase engineer,
– vauthorised person for safety at work and fire safety, quality, environmental care, energy management and asset management.