About the programme
Environmental protection combines efforts for a balanced attitude towards nature and natural processes and phenomena, the rational use of natural resources and goods, and the maintenance of natural balance. The main areas of environmental protection are: wastewater treatment, environmental management of waste, organic industrial processes, organic farming and ecological transport, renewable energy sources. The concept of communal infrastructure involves all sorts of facilities and devices that serve the mandatory public services in the field of environmental protection (water supply, sewage and treatment of municipal and precipitation waters, municipal waste management). If you are devoted to ecology and you are interested in environmental protection - the Environmental and Communal Protection (UEP) programme is the right choice.
Knowledge and qualifications:
- – solving environmental problems in the field of supply systems, environmental technologies, production processes, key activities in natural (agriculture, forestry, hunting, fishing) and urban environment,
- – planning and management of operational environmental supply systems,
- – the use of naturalistic basics in the design and operation of health hydraulic systems, municipal waste management, urban roads, other urban networks or communal infrastructure and spatial systems,
- – compliance with sectoral legislation with emphasis on public services for environmental protection, nature protection, commercial companies and procedures for planning and placement of utility, industrial and craft activities into the space,
- – the introduction of procedures for the prevention of environmental impacts in settlements, industry, and other activities and measures to prevent negative impacts on the environment,
- – planning and managing the operation and maintenance of urban transport, planning of spatial plans, participation in the planning of other urban networks (communal energy - hot water and gas pipelines),
- – the use of engineering knowledge in the field of hydraulic engineering (industrial, process and fire plumbing, industrial sewage, industrial waste water treatment) and energy, industrial waste management, flue gas cleaning and the prevention of emissions of various pollutants into the air,
- – participation in the management of ecosystems, protected areas and other areas with special or secured status (landscape and national parks, wetlands).