Ričet—Barley Soup with Smoked Meat
• 18–20 g barley
• 20–25 g smoked meat
• 1 small onion
• 1 clove of garlic
• 5 g carrots
• 10 grams potatoes
• tomato puree
• “Vegeta” seasoning (http://www.vegeta.com/en/products/classic/vegeta-universal)
• bunch of parsley
• Water soak barley and beans and leave for a while (for night). If the beans are fresh, then it is not necessary to water soak them.
• Cook the cleaned and peeled barley in salted water for about 30 min.
• Boil beans in salted water (you can use ready-made canned beans).
• Boil smoked meat separately.
• Use lard to fry the finely chopped onions, then add chopped carrots and fry a little. Then pour water and add salt, “Vegeta” seasoning, parsley and celery. Add diced potatoes to the soup, and when the potatoes is softened, put a teaspoon of tomato puree.
• Wash the boiled barley with water and add to the soup. Pour some smoked meat broth into the soup.
• Add the diced meat and boiled beans. Cook the whole dish for a few minutes, so that the ingredients are saturated with taste.
Before serving, salt, pepper and decorate the dish with parsley or celery.