Sweet Persimmon Bread
Ingredients for 12 portions
- 0.5 cup of melted butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of Brazil nut
- 2 ripe persimmons
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1 pinch of salt
- Slightly melt butter at room temperature for several hours.
- Wash raisins and sort carefully.
- Clean nuts and chop coarsely.
- Wash persimmons, cut into two halves, and pull out the pits. Use a teaspoon to remove the flesh and mash it with a fork.
- Turn on the oven and heat it to 180 °C. Take a narrow and deep rectangular baking pan and butter it carefully. Blend butter, sugar and egg in a bowl. Then add all the remaining ingredients except for the persimmon puree.
- Afterwards, whisk the persimmon puree into the mixture. Pour the batter onto the buttered baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes in the preheated oven until the golden-yellow crust.
- Take the baked bread from the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes on the pan. Then put the bread on a cutting board to be cooled down completely. Cut the cooled bread into slices, put on a wide shallow dish and serve with homemade tea.
You can use walnuts instead of Brazil nuts.