The Faculty of Economics of the University of Ljubljana Awards Authors of the Best Scientific Articles
In order to encourage quality research work, the Faculty of Economics of the University of Ljubljana annually awards scientists for the best articles published in the previous calendar year. Last week, the university awarded the authors of the best scientific articles published in 2016.
Awards and prizes were given to the prize-winners by the Prorector for Research Work of the University of Ljubljana, Prof. Dr. Matjaž Krajnc; the Dean of the Faculty of Economics, Prof. Dr. Metka Tekavčič, and the Deputy Dean for Research Work and PhD Studies of the Faculty of Economics, Prof. Dr. Aleš Popovič.
Awards for the best articles published in 2016 were presented to the following persons:
- First Prize — Prof. Dr. Aleš Popovič for the article ‘Emergent Digital Era Governance: Enacting the Role of the ‘Institutional Entrepreneur’ in Transformational Change’ (Government Information Quarterly: International Journal of Policies, Resources, Services, and Practices, Apr. 2016, Vol. 33, Iss. 2, pp. 223–236).
- Second Prize — Prof. Dr. Mateja Kos Koklič and Prof. Dr. Irena Vida for the article ‘Three-level Mechanism of Consumer Digital Piracy: Development and Cross-cultural Validation’ (Journal of Business Ethics, 2016, Vol. 134, Iss. 1, pp. 15–27); Prof. Dr. Polona Domadenik and Prof. Dr. Janez Prašnikar for the article ‘Political Connectedness, Corporate Governance, and Firm Performance’ (Journal of Business Ethics, Dec. 2016, Vol. 139, Iss. 2, pp. 411–428).
The following authors received diplomas of the Faculty of Economics for the best articles published in 2016:
- Prof. Dr. Liljana Ferbar Tratar for the article ‘The Comparison of Holt-Winters Method and Multiple Regression Method: A Case Study’ (Energy Journal, 2016, Vol. 109, pp. 266–276).
- Prof. Dr. Tanja Mihalič for the article ‘Sustainable-responsible Tourism Discourse: Towards ‘Responsustable’ Tourism’ (Journal of Cleaner Production, Jan. 2016, Vol. 111, Part B, pp. 461–470).
- Prof. Dr. Simon Čadež for the article ‘Climate Change Mitigation Strategies in Carbon-intensive Firms’ (Journal of Cleaner Production, Jan. 2016, Vol. 112, Iss. 5, pp. 4132–4143).
- Prof. Dr. Nevenka Hrovatin and Prof. Dr. Jelena Zorić for the article ‘Factors Impacting Investments in Energy Efficiency and Clean Technologies: Empirical Evidence from Slovenian Manufacturing Firms’ (Journal of Cleaner Production, 2016, Vol. 127, pp. 475–486).
- Dr. Mitja Štiglic and Prof. Dr. Miro Gradišar for the article ‘Making Dynamic Ride-sharing Work: the Impact of Driver and Rider Flexibility’ (Transportation Research: International Journal. Part E, Logistics and Transportation Review, Jul. 2016, Vol. 91, pp. 190–207).
- Prof. Dr. Ljubica Knežević Cvelbar, Prof. Dr. Matjaž Koman and Prof. Dr. Tanja Mihalič for the article ‘Drivers of Destination Competitiveness in Tourism: Global Investigation’ (Journal of Travel Research, Dec. 2016, Vol. 55, Iss. 8, pp. 1041–1050).
- Prof. Dr. Aleš Popovič for the article ‘How System Quality Influences Mobile BI Use: the Mediating Role of Engagement’ (International Journal of Information Management, Oct. 2016, Vol. 36, Iss. 5, pp. 773–783).
- Dr. Rok Spruk and Prof. Dr. Aleksandar Kešeljević for the article ‘Institutional Origins of Subjective Well-being: Estimating the Effects of Economic Freedom on National Happiness’ (Journal of Happiness Studies, Apr. 2016, Vol. 17, Iss. 2, pp. 659–712).
- Prof. Dr. Liljana Ferbar Tratar, Dr. Blaž Mojškerc and Dr. Aleš Toman for the article ‘Demand Forecasting with Four-parameter Exponential Smoothing’ (International Journal of Production Economics, Nov. 2016, Vol. 181, part A, pp. 162–173).