The Russian-Slovenian Medical Equipment Production to Be Launched in Ulyanovsk
Slovenian funds are actively attracted to the Russian city that lies on the Volga River. The Governor of the Ulyanovsk Region Sergey Morozov, on his Facebook page, writes that it is planned to develop a Slovenian industrial park in Ulyanovsk.
The project involves launching the production of high-tech medical equipment and LED devices. In the future, the city plans to open a Slovenian industrial park (the “Slovenian Cluster”).
“We discussed with our partners from Slovenia the implementation of the project for the construction of a plant for the production of LED devices. Other companies were also attracted with an opportunity to run business in the Ulyanovsk region. We can form a cluster, where enterprises from Slovenia will produce high-tech medical equipment. Several companies decided to invest money in the economy of the Ulyanovsk region, two of them have already confirmed their plans for localization in the territory of industrial parks,” stated the Governor.
From an economic point of view, Ulyanovsk is famous mainly in the automotive industry (Ulyanovsk Automobile Plant). The city has developed such industrial sectors as aircraft construction and food industry. Enterprises of other economy branches operate as well.
In late August, Sergei Morozov visited Slovenia. The issue on launching the production premises of the Slovenian manufacturer of LED devices Ecobase Global was discussed already at that time. Prospects of cooperation between the Ulyanovsk region and Slovenia in the field of aircraft construction, trade, education, biotechnology and in other spheres were considered.
The Ulyanovsk region belongs to the Volga (Privolzhsky) Federal District. Its population is almost 1.3 million inhabitants. Its centre Ulyanovsk (formerly Simbirsk) with a population of 613,000 inhabitants is known as the home town of two key figures of the 1917 Revolution, standing on opposite sides of the barricades—Vladimir Ulyanov-Lenin (in his honour the city was renamed in 1924) and Alexander Kerensky.